Wednesday, February 5, 2014

What's Going On? February 3 through February 7

Similarity

This week students will continue their study of similarity.  We will start the week by taking another look at triangle similarity shortcuts.  Students will take a look at a pool of triangles and decide which figures must be similar and how they know.  We will also have a short formative assessment on ratio, proportions, and triangle similarity shortcuts.

Next, we will move on to right triangle similarity, triangle proportionality and similarity transformations.  I will be out of the building for a few days this week, so students will rely on the videos found on our BlackBoard class website.  Each day students will complete a formative assessment to check-in with me.  I will then communicate with students that may be lost on the material.  While I am out of the building, I encourage students to work together during class and to e-mail me any questions that they may have.  I will return to North on Friday and I will be available for extra help before school and after school.  There is also a "Just in Time" help session staffed by several math teachers for students in the library each Thursday from 7:20-7:50.


No comments:

Post a Comment