Tuesday, March 17, 2020

What's Going On? March 18th through March 20th

Virtual Learning

Due to the Covid-19 virus, we will be moving our learning to the virtual space.  Parents, teachers, students, and the community are all doing their best to navigate this change together.  I would ask for your patience as we work through this adjustment period.  I will be doing my best to support students as we continue learning in this new environment.

For this week, students are expected to work within their core classes which would include Honors Geometry. Teachers are required to take daily attendance for classes.  For now, I am managing this via a form posted on our BlackBoard website.  Students will need to complete the form by 3pm each day for the attendance check.   For this week, I will hold "office hours" from 9-11am each day.  This means that I will be available to answer questions, walk through a lesson, and interact with students virtually at this time.  I do not know exactly how this will look and I do not know when other teachers are planning to meet virtually with their students.  However, I have uploaded a video explaining the lessons for the week on BlackBoard and have the first assignment loaded into the app Class Kick, so that I can help students online.  The link for Wednesday's Class Kick homework assignment is https://app.classkick.com/#/login/DJMKO6.

Before we transitioned to this virtual learning space, we were piloting the "Reveal" curriculum.  We will continue to use this tool through the remainder of this circles unit as there are some interactive tools, a place for students to get immediate feedback on their work via lesson checks, and a place for students to digitally submit their homework.

Additionally, all students and teachers have access to an app called "Web Ex Teams" which will allow us to video conference, I can share my screen, and students can ask questions.  I have added all of my students from all of my different classes to a space called "Mrs. Kamenar's Office Hours".  We will start with this general area.  Please take a moment or two to check it out and send me a message if you can.  We will do our best to navigate this all together and make adjustments as necessary.

Please don't hesitate to reach out as we work through this change together!
~Mrs. Kamenar

No comments:

Post a Comment